Phillip J. Watt & Nicole L. Maclean
This text was written simply after the ‘Blood Moon’ eclipse started in Australia on July 28, 2018…
For some individuals it’s simply an astronomical occasion when the moon is imprinted with the earth’s shadow from the solar, and for others there’s astrological symbolism and energetic which means to it too.
From the latter perspective, lunar eclipses generally symbolise dealing with thyself. They mirror ushering out the previous and bringing within the new, on each private and collective ranges. This is usually a painful course of at occasions, as a result of critical change is often a problem for most individuals. Nevertheless, this blood moon represents reflection, therapeutic and change, notably relating to the ageing fracture between the masculine and female. This isn’t simply on an exterior degree, but in addition internally too. In any case, all of us have each energies inside us, which sadly most of us haven’t built-in.
Now regardless for those who personally consider within the philosophy of ‘as above, so below’, this lunar eclipse was almost the longest of what’s theoretically potential (it went for one hour and forty three minutes of a most one hour and forty seven minutes). Subsequently, it gave us virtually all it might for us to see it (and really feel it). In that essence it represents deep reflection, which ought to encourage us to look deep into our personal lives. As famous in this text: “This is a time for us to purge, cleanse, and detoxify.”
And the way many people want to take larger care of ourselves? How many people want to detoxify our our bodies and minds? The reply is actually all of us. Whether or not it’s bodily well being, psychological well being, and even simply how we prioritise our time, all of us have methods through which we’re not simply reaching our beliefs now and once more, however we’re nowhere close to them.
Many individuals have heard of ‘Dry July’, the place we put down the beer and wine for a month to cleanse our our bodies of alcohol. Though we in all probability haven’t finished it precisely this manner, the essential idea would have been utilized in lots of manners, together with implementing numerous alcohol-free, weight-reduction plan, cleansing, health and fasting rituals for various lengths over our lives.
Nevertheless, typically a grand reboot is required and if we don’t select to do that consciously our pure progress cycle will all the time discover a method to set us up with the chance, typically clean and at others occasions tough, even when we select not to capitalise on it.
The Delivery of Flawless August
My associate Nicole co-hosts the ‘Mad Magic’ podcast with me, which is accessible on iTunes and all podcast Apps (see under for an episode on Flawless August). She is simply as passionate as me when it comes to constantly rising and altering our lives. We’ve been training meditation, self-administered psychotherapy and different progress modalities for a few years, however in current months we’ve felt like a brand new wave of self-care was extremely essential for us.The opposite night time we have been discussing this matter and at one level I made a cheeky comment about ‘Dry July’, ending it up with a joke about implementing ‘Flawless August’. The thought seemingly sprung from nowhere and on the time we weren’t critical about it, however after sleeping on it we’ve determined to give it a critical crack.Nevertheless, it’s not nearly alcohol. It’s about all the things. It’s about what we put into our our bodies, what we put into our minds, and how we behave in the direction of ourselves and the world at giant.
Subsequently it encourages self-reflection, self-actualisation and self-mastery.
I’ve determined to share this with you in case you even have a deep craving to improve your personal life. So many people are too targeted on political, geopolitical, environmental, conspiratorial and different exterior affairs with out giving ourselves the respect of taking nice care our psychological and religious improvement. In fact it is crucial to shine mild onto the injustices of our world, nevertheless it’s equally essential to shine mild on the injustices that we inflict on ourselves.
In any case, if we really need to result in a greater world for our youngsters, then we’d like to turn out to be that which we want our world to be.
To realize it, we’d like to guarantee we’re no less than pouring in as a lot power internally, as we’re externally. The adage ‘love yourself to love others’ has earned notoriety as a cliché, nevertheless the perception it gives continues to be terribly potent: the extra we love, respect, honour and look after ourselves, not in vane however genuine methods, the larger capability we’ve got to share it with our world, together with different individuals and our surroundings.
So in as a lot because the final a number of many years have been terribly highly effective when it comes to turning into extra acutely aware and sovereign human beings, which has given rise to giant waves of activism and change company, the best way we deal with ourselves on a person degree is usually astoundingly inhumane. There’s a lot illness, stress and unhappiness. Our habits are sometimes self-abusive. Our self-care is changed by dollars and docs. We’re collectively screaming for a extra simply world, however individually we’re typically failing to get even shut to adequately caring for ourselves.
What’s Flawless August?
The idea isn’t to grow to be good, as a result of that’s merely unattainable in a dynamic system such because the human expertise. So it’s not about turning into flawless in any respect, as progress is a endless and outright fantastic strategy of life. Alternatively, consider it like updating the software program in your pc or telephone: Flawless August is just recognising methods we might enhance how we deal with ourselves – together with our human household and pure methods too – and then appearing on it.
Or put one other approach, Flawless August is about striving in the direction of turning into extra of not simply who we need to be, however extra of who we want to be.
In that mild, subsequently, it’s a month of schooling. It’s studying concepts and methods which are of immense profit to ourselves and others. It’s increasing our consciousness round extra genuine and honourable methods to stay, and having the ability to share that humbly with others. It’s additionally about understanding that we’ll by no means be good, but if we constantly get into extra wholesome patterns and behaviours, it’s merely a extra clever means to exist.
With that stated, under is an inventory of concepts and beliefs to information you. If it speaks to you, share this text and hashtag the fuck out of #FlawlessAugust. For those who’re not that personally, you possibly can guess there shall be many pals and household in your social circle who might be, so give them a head’s up by sharing this by way of your networks.
You are able to do no matter you want with it in accordance to your private circumstances. Not all ‘wants and needs’ will probably be relevant to each one among us, nevertheless based mostly on my a few years of offering private and skilled steerage it’s not simply clever to have a basic plan for our future, nevertheless it’s additionally extremely efficient to truly write down an inventory of objectives which you take a look at every single day to remind and encourage you to take the steps required to obtain them.
Belief me; it really works. Writing down our objectives and wishes is extremely highly effective at serving to them to manifest, so when you’re critical about wanting to assume, really feel and act higher, then use this record as a reference on your personal future progress and write down your personal private model of it too.
In any case, I hope that it helps you in some small and even giant methods.
And to reiterate, this isn’t about doing the whole lot flawlessly, though you’re clearly free to try it in the event you so want (together with having an entire cleansing of your thoughts and physique). However for succinct sakes, Flawless August has two main functions:
- Study extra about what you and the world require; and
- Do extra to actualise it.
When you select to have a crack at ‘Flawless August’ and would really like to take part in a survey relating to your achievements and challenges, please e mail Phillip and Nicole at email@example.com.
The 4 Focuses of Flawless August
1. Be Aware of the Meals We Eat
The meals we put into our our bodies is extraordinarily essential for our brief and long run well being, as extra and extra research present that many bodily sicknesses comparable to most cancers, diabetes, weight problems, coronary heart illness, allergic reactions, arthritis and different widespread illnesses, in addition to psychological sicknesses akin to melancholy and nervousness, are linked to poor vitamin, an unhealthy intestine and the harmful chemical components which might be present in processed meals and sprayed on fruits and greens.
In fact each individual’s circumstances are totally different and the explanations for psychological and bodily well being issues are sometimes multilayered, which is why holistic well being responses are rising all through the Western world.
As well as, every particular person is biologically distinctive and has totally different dietary wants and reactions to numerous meals teams. Subsequently, researching and discovering what greatest works for our physique and thoughts is our private duty, together with consulting a holistic well being practitioner when related.
Concepts and Beliefs:
- Develop your personal meals and purchase from native, natural farmers the place potential;
- Meals must be as pure as attainable, which means natural, non-GMO and non-sprayed greens and fruits;
- Keep away from meals which are processed and include toxins and dangerous chemical compounds;
- Eat meals excessive in vitamin (eat seasonally and direct from the farm the place attainable);
- Embrace uncooked meals at occasions too;
- Restrict or remove dairy merchandise, as they will generate vital well being points;
- Restrict or get rid of sugar in your food plan because it has comparable addictive impacts on the mind as heroin and cocaine and has hostile well being results;
- As a common rule, eat extra crops and much less meat than our typical food regimen as extreme meat consumption, particularly purple meat, is linked to most cancers and different well being points;
- Restrict or get rid of processed meats corresponding to ham and bacon, as they’re thought-about carcinogenic by the World Well being Organisation (WHO);
- If we should eat animals, then they need to be sourced regionally if potential (together with personally fishing and/or searching), not manufacturing unit farmed, are grass fed (not grain fed), and are handled humanely; and
- As one other common rule we should always eat much less meals than we often do, as overeating is the norm; as an alternative, eat extra nutrition-rich meals.
2. Be Aware of the Liquids We Drink
As with meals, the liquids we eat can have a constructive or unfavorable influence on our well being.
Concepts and Beliefs:
three. Be Aware of Self-Care
Many individuals simply permit the corporatised medicinal system to cope with points relating to their well being, nevertheless given the problems of false medical claims, ineffectiveness of many pharmaceutical medicine, excessive habit to harmful prescriptions, corruption and mainstream avoidance of low cost and pure medicines (akin to baking soda, in addition to Hashish for the final Century), it will be important for every of us to take larger duty when responding to our well being and medicinal wants.
As well as, a easy weight loss plan change to nutrition-rich and toxin-less plant meals is in lots of instances all an individual wants to do to remedy their sickness. Then in fact preventative measures to keep away from well being issues are a should, as are instructional and developmental methods for our minds.
Plus, all of us want some downtime and good occasions in our lives too.
I’ve damaged self-care into eight sub-categories because it was integral for me once I was getting myself out of the melancholy I developed in early maturity, in addition to understanding the precise methods I wanted to evolve. These areas kind of overlap, however it’s a useful means to higher perceive ourselves, and our wants.
Concepts and Beliefs:
- Bodily Well being
- Extra motion, higher health, self-massage, full physique stretches on a regular basis (together with a pure eating regimen, stretching is a good way to start to maintain your physique in case you’re obese);
- Wholesome meals and water as talked about above, in addition to get rid of or restrict medicine, together with alcohol and prescription drugs;
- For those who should smoke, smoke much less and change to natural tobacco;
- Declutter and deep clear house, automotive, workplace and so forth.; and
- Use non-toxic magnificence and hygiene merchandise.
- Psychological/Emotional Well being
- Meditate for a minimum of 10 minutes each morning and/or night (right here is an article to get you began and right here is one describing dozens of scientifically confirmed well being advantages);
- Wholesome meals and water as talked about above;
- Eat unbiased, propaganda-free info and lower social media interplay;
- Face and goal to overcome your hypocrisies and traumas, organize your thoughts coherently via mindfulness and self-administered psychotherapy, clear your emotional and psychological baggage (let shit go), heal hurts, follow forgiveness, increase consciousness normally by means of studying larger and extra highly effective truths; and
- Create and keep boundaries on associates and relations who deal with you poorly or drain you emotionally and energetically.
- Philosophical Well being (Philo = love of and Sophia = knowledge)
- Determine and rework your false beliefs (attempt to begin as recent as you possibly can to actually dig out the lies fictions that we’ve carry since our childhood);
- Organise your philosophies (which all of us have) right into a coherent and constant framework;
- Develop a grand imaginative and prescient of your existence which can create a stronger drive area towards life’s challenges and woes;
- Evolve and embody your cosmology;
- Make investments time in reworking information (info) into knowledge (motion and behaviour); and
- Uncover new concepts and ideas and study new methods to understand and conceive life.
- Sexual Well being
- Guarantee more healthy self-pleasure practices, reminiscent of masturbating much less in case you do it an excessive amount of or do it extra should you don’t do it sufficient;
- Be extra current together with your companion when having intercourse, develop higher sexual communication together with with fantasies, discover their physique extra, attempt new positions, arrange sexual temple together with burning candles, create extra time and area for one another;
- Develop tantra methods and be extra current in your physique;
- Guarantee your fantasies are wholesome; and
- Equally worth giving and receiving, or in accordance to the dynamics of your relationship.
- Creational Well being
- Be extra creative, check out new hobbies, develop new pursuits, evolve interest well being;
- Paint, draw, construct, prepare dinner, develop meals and follow another type of artwork;
- Discover extra of your native areas; and
- Apply day by day, weekly and month-to-month rituals.
- Leisure Well being
- Improve time doing wholesome leisure actions.
- Social Well being
- Be round your mates and household in wholesome and productive settings;
- Determine the roles and characters that you simply play that aren’t actually you, so that you may be who you want and need to be, as an alternative of who society or your friends anticipate you to be;
- Combine with teams which might be respectful to others and keep away from these which have a herd mentality that inflict verbal, emotional or bodily hurt onto others;
- Become involved with native teams that goal to assist your group; and
- Meet new individuals and discover new methods to socialise.
- Religious Well being
- Spirituality may be seen as merely honouring our intimate interconnection with life, regardless if we understand it by means of ecological, quantum bodily and/or metaphysical lenses;
- Respect the sovereignty of your spirit, dance with the thriller of existence, have awe for the various issues we’re but to perceive, join with the self and all its’ layers;
- Examine true astrology, numerology, sacred geometry;
- Join with life basically (plant, animal, cosmic and metaphysical intelligence and essence);
- Apply enchantment, recognise your spirit quests, get out in nature extra, apply reverence to your expertise, be extra grateful; and
- Hold a dream journal, meditate, generate out-of-body experiences, alter your states of consciousness via meditation and mindfulness.
four. Be Aware of World-Care
Most of us need to depart behind a world that’s higher than once we discovered it in order that our future generations can profit from that legacy. Nevertheless, on this day and age the human inhabitants is split greater than ever, the place preventing one another is extra prevalent than collectively specializing in our commonalities, such because the poor design of our social system.
This does extra hurt than good, particularly when the populace is more and more hateful in the direction of one another.
Whether or not it’s politics, science, leisure and even spirituality, the herd mentality has fragmented the plenty. Consequently, most of the core problems with our present age seldom get consideration by a great variety of individuals. As well as, many individuals solely give attention to the injustices which are symptomatic to them, as an alternative of additionally specializing in the basis trigger.
Subsequently, once we grow to be extra aware of our world-care, we should take a grand, goal view of the best way our social system is designed in order that our related motion can have the best effectiveness. Moreover, given the hatred and abuse on-line and at partisan political occasions, we might all profit by caring for and respecting individuals extra, debating maturely and aiming to discover widespread floor with each other.
Concepts and Beliefs:
- Educate ourselves on the elemental societal points, in addition to the potential options [Hint: the 4M’s are a good place to start, which are Management (poor government design and education failings), Media (propaganda issues and controlled outlets), Medicine (toxic drugs and unhealthy food supply) and Money (the supply is non-sovereign and money creation should be exclusive for community banks, not private banks)];
- Have larger give attention to the problems with the design of the social system, not simply its signs;
- Deal with others with respect, even these you disagree with (until they’re inflicting hurt in fact);
- Be correctly educated in case you interact in debates and achieve this in mature methods;
- Make sure you’re not parroting propaganda and lies;
- Do no hurt, until in self-defence (the golden rule);
- Objectively look at various opinions and views to study extra, and then change your beliefs in accordance to new insights into what’s the actuality of our actuality;
- Behave in ways in which recognise that we’ll by no means agree with all of the beliefs of different individuals, however that we do have some widespread floor too, corresponding to that all of us need security, happiness and wellness for ourselves and our family members;
- Behave in methods which encourage unification together with your fellow man, not division;
- Become involved with native, nationwide and worldwide initiatives that genuinely purpose to assist transfer humanity in additional honourable and simply instructions;
- Purchase native the place attainable, store in unbiased shops to keep away from the multinational chains, look at the establishments you help together with your cash to decide if their ethics align with yours, financial institution with community-owned establishments;
- Smile and interact with individuals day by day, introduce your self to the individuals that you simply cope with on a weekly foundation (store keepers, individuals that you simply move at work/on public transport), be a part of a group group or class, go to and assist out at your group backyard, volunteer if in case you have the time, verify in in your neighbours (particularly the aged);
- Regulate your footprint on the surroundings, akin to family waste, composting, rising your personal meals, shopping for in bulk, reuse earlier than recycle, keep away from shopping for meals in plastic, take your personal buying luggage, make your personal cleansing and magnificence merchandise, attempt not to purchase something new all month and supply second hand gadgets and clothes, donate/swap/promote gadgets that you simply not use, be a weirdo and decide up different peoples trash if you find yourself in nature;
- Study and apply permaculture, regardless to what diploma you’ll be able to; and
- Be a part of the options, not the issues.
Should you learn to the top, nicely achieved, I recognize your dedication. I hope you set much more dedication into your self and your world for not simply ‘Flawless August’, however your whole life too.
In any case, you deserve it.
A approach to get you decided and excited is by wanting ahead to how good you’ll be considering, feeling and behaving after only a week, and then two, particularly after consuming high quality meals, water and info.
To get began, put apart a whole day to get the assets you want for the week, so that you simply’re ready. Analysis new recipes, new honourable information retailers, and new hobbies. And inform your folks and household to allow them to verify in in your progress.
When you’re studying this after August has already begun, attempt doing it for every week or two anyway. For anybody who checks it out, pay attention to how straightforward it’s in some methods and difficult in others. I’m positive individuals in additional urbanised environments, for instance, will discover larger problem in sourcing high quality meals and water, nevertheless I’m close to sure it’s not unimaginable.
And please be happy to report your expertise to myself and Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for studying and greatest care in your journey.
Concerning the Writer
Phillip J. Watt is an writer and presenter who lives on the Mid North Coast of NSW Australia. His first guide, ‘The Simulation‘, is a daring exposé of the human experience in the 21st Century. His written and film work has reached into the millions of people and deals with topics from ideology to society, as well as self-development. Follow him on Facebook, listen to his ‘Redesigning Society’ Podcast on SoundCloud or Itunes, watch his movies and video interviews at his YouTube Channel or go to his web site Pushing the Tipping Level.
Say Goodbye to ‘Dry July’ and Hello to ‘Flawless August’ was final modified: August 1st, 2018 by WakingTimes
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.7&appId=799509616835812”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.async = true;
js.src = “//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#version=v2.11&xfbml=1”
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));